We are in the heart of Trophy Whitetail Deer Country on the shores of Wabigoon Lake in Dryden, Ontario. Serious whitetail hunters will recognize Dryden as home of the Ontario record whitetail deer which scored 223 gross, 199 7/8 net green score!
The Whitetail Bucks in our area are large bodied with heavy racks. Our hunters have harvested Bucks that weighed in at 275 lbs dressed with racks scoring 176 B&C. Bucks harvested from our lodge using our "8 point beyond the ears rule" have typically scored from 120 B&C to 176 B&C.
Guests are welcome to bring ATV's to aid in retrieval of harvested deer, however we have a dedicated 6-wheel ATV and trailer outfitted specifically for this purpose. Guests are responsible for field dressing of the animal. At camp, a large shop with an overhead hoist is available to guests for use in skinning the animal. A walk-in cooler is available for hanging the meat, and game processing tables as well as several on-site freezers are also provided. If guests desire, there are local options for butchers to process your game, either on or off-site.
All seasons end on Dec. 15th below are the opening day dates: 2021 dates usually come available in February or early March.
Archery: Resident Sept 1, Non-Resident of Ontario Oct 2
Muzzleloader: Resident Oct 16, Non-Resident of Ontario oct 16
Rifle, Shotgun, Archery & Muzzleloader: Resident Oct 30, Non-Resident of Ontario Oct 30
We offer a semi-guided hunt which comprises active baited sites and comfortable enclosed stands on prime private or Crown Land. This type of hunt offers the highest chance of success and the least competition from other hunters. With this package we will orientate you on the areas, maintain the bait sites, relocate you as necessary to other sites to optimize your chances of success, and assist you in retrieving your Buck.
If you want to be adventurous and hunt crown land on your own, we also offer "lodging only" packages, which include some preliminary Crown Land map guidance and use of our facilities for processing your deer.
All packages are in Canadian funds, so our American guests enjoy a great discount on the exchange rate.
Not included in the package:
• Taxes and licences
• Export Permit $35
• Firearms Declaration Form $25 CAN - Call (1-800-731-4000) or see the link below
• Non-residence hunting license (about $250)
• Outdoors card $10
• Bring your own harness & tree strap
• Ground Transportation
• Food and beverages (Housekeeping Accommodations)
Rifle Season - $2,300 CDN + 13% HST
Bow or Muzzleloader - $2,050 CDN + 13% HST
Deposits for Trophy Deer Hunting - Package 1: $800.00 per person at time of booking and payment in full by October 1st. All deposits are non-refundable.
Bow, Muzzleloader or Rifle
• 7-day housekeeping cottage fully equipped including bedding, LP Grille & picnic table
• Electric heat & air conditioning
• 3-piece bath with towels, toilet paper & hand soap
• fully equipped kitchen including dish soap, coffee filters, paper towels & garbage bags
• free wireless internet through out camp & courtesy computer in the lodge for guests over 16 yrs old or children supervised by an adult.
• use of the lodge, big screen TV, Games room etc.
• map orientation of the area & where to start (we do not go out in the field with you. This is pointing out areas on the map for you to start your hunt).
• Assistance with hanging & weighing your Buck.
• Use of our walk in cooler, game processing area and deep freezes.
$595.00 Per Person CDN + 13% HST (Minimum 2 Persons)
Deposits for Trophy Deer Hunting - Package 2: $100 at time of booking and payment in full by October 1st. All deposits are non-refundable.
Ontario Hunting Regulations:
Visit the MNR website at www.mnr.gov.on.ca for hunting regulations.
Should you have any general questions pertaining to the hunting regulations summary please contact the Natural Resource Information Centre at 1-800-667-1940 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Canadian Firearms Declaration Form:
You will be required to fill out a temporary gun permit to bring firearms into Canada (Firearm Declaration Form). The fee is $25 payable at the border crossing.
Non-Resident Firearm Declaration Forms are available by emailing email@example.com, or by calling 1-800-731-4000 (Canada and U.S.) or 1-506-624-5380 (other countries) and from all Customs offices across Canada. Visit the RCMP web site for more information
Please Note: Do not sign your declaration form until the customs agent asks you to.
Buy a Hunting License and Outdoor Card on-line here
Buy a Fishing License and Outdoor Card on-line here